“Octopus is the largest genus of octopuses, comprising more than 100 species. These species are widespread throughout the world’s oceans. Many species formerly placed in the genus Octopus are now assigned to other genera within the family Octopodidae.” https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus
- There are around 300 species recognized.
- These interesting creatures have 3 hearts, two pump blood to the gill and the other one to the body.
- They are considered fast swimmers and can expel water through their mantles and can fit almost in any place because they have no bones nor skeleton.
- Have special jaws that can give a very nasty bite, even venomous saliva but this is mainly when hunting.
- Their skin is capable of turning itself in the environment or object where it is laying.
- In case of losing any part of the body like an arm, it can grow that part again.
- They are very intelligent creatures that can learn even form others octopus.